Nice change? You bet you can make a home look more pleasing to the eye by changing the garage doors. Take a minute to check the top 6 reasons to replace your door.
- Increase the value of your home – Replacing your old garage door with a newer stylish door will do wonders for the value of your home. It’s easier to sell your home when the garage looks great.
- Lower your heating and cooling bills with an R-16 garage door. – Properly insulating your garage door will pay for itself over time by reducing your utility bills if the garage is attached to the house.
- Reduce you maintenance time. – Most metal doors are low maintenance. They require mild soap and water for cleaning. No more scraping and painting.
- Protect items stored in your garage from the elements. – Most people use their garage not only for their cars but also their storage. To protect these items from becoming damaged by extreme heat or cold, you can choose an insulated door. You can also combine this with weather-stripping around the door.
- Prevent easy access to your home. – The garage door is the largest access to your home. New garage door openers now have rolling code technology. This makes it much harder to gain access when the opener uses one of 100 billion new codes each time the door is opened.
- Reduce the risk of injury. – Photo eyes are now mandatory on all garage door openers. The photo eyes can sense when something is in the way or passing through the opening when the door is closing. There are benefits to this, when the light beam is broken the door will reverse and go back up to prevent an injury and it will also turn on the light on the opener allowing you to see.