Grease spots in your garage are bound to happen. Cars, motorcycles, lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc. all increase the likelihood of such areas. But, have no fear, there are ways to remove these blemishes on your concrete floors. Here’s a DIY way to remove that bothersome grease!
Things You’ll Need:
- Cat Litter
- Broom & Dustpan
- Paper Towels (or a rag that you don’t mind getting grease on)
- Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Scrub Brush
- Hot Water
- Pour cat litter over the grease stain. Apply a liberal amount to soak up the grease. Repeat this step a few times to ensure that you’ve removed the largest amount of grease possible.
- Sweep up the cat litter and remove any left over oil with your paper towels or rag.
- Use a little water to create a paste like substance with the powdered detergent. Apply a generous amount of the paste all over the grease spot. Scrub the area thoroughly with your scrub brush.
- Use the bucket (or whatever you may choose) of hot water to rinse the area.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 if necessary.